So i’ve been on a mission to find a recipe for healthy cookies that are as tasty as they are good for you and i’ve finally found one. Simple, fun and delicious- I am proud to present these healthy and satisfying Sprinkle Cookies.
You probably have everything you need to make these fast, simple and fun cookies in your pantry right now.
The self raising flour works to make the biscuits quite large (not as squished down as your traditional cookie) which adds to the wholesome feel of the recipe and also makes it so you don’t need as many to feel satisfied.
The recipe comes from a wonderful cookbook called Symply Too good To Be True, which is all about substituting ingredients to make your cooking healthier and more satisfyingly good for you which i am a strong believer in.
1 egg white
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup skim milk
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
4 tbsp margarine
1 1/2 cups self raising flour
1/3 cup hundreds and thousands
1. Preheat oven to 180 Degrees. In a medium size mixing bowl, beta egg white and sugar using an electric beater for 1 minute.
2.In a small mixing bowl, combine milk, essence and melted margarine, pour into egg mixture and stir together. Fold flour into mix.
3. When combined spoon twenty four heaped teaspoons of mixture onto baking trays that have been sprayed with cooking oil.
4. Dip a fork into boiling water then press the cookie dough flat (this helps stop the cookie dough from sticking to the fork)
5. Sprinkle three quarters of a teaspoon of sprinkles over the top of each cookie.
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
Recipe by Annette Sym (from “symply too good to be true” cookbook)
Thanks so much for stopping by- would love to hear from you in the comments section below 🙂